Manhattan’s 59 – Alnico 2 & 3 PAF Humbucker pickup
$120.00 – $310.00
A versatile pickup designed for semi-hollow and Les Paul guitars. For those who want a dynamic and open sounding pickup, in a vintage register, to play Jazz, Blues, Funk, Soul or Classic Rock. Configurable according to your wishes
Electric guitar pickups, Humbucker pickupsOur Custom Bucker is a replica of the pickup of the same name, fitted to Gibson's Custom Shop models. Equipped with an Alnico 3 magnet and a muscular coil for a PAF, it has a strong vintage character and an excellent dynamic. This is an ideal pickup for Jazz, Memphis Blues, British Blues, Hard Blues, Classic Rock, Southern Rock and Hard Rock. Configurable according to your wishes$140.00 – $330.00
Electric guitar pickups, Humbucker pickupsA versatile pickup designed for semi-hollow and Les Paul guitars. For those who want a dynamic and open sounding pickup, in a vintage register, to play Jazz, Blues, Funk, Soul or Classic Rock. Configurable according to your wishes$120.00 – $310.00
Newer and less famous than the Custom Bucker, it has conquered the ears of demanding guitarists with a balance close to perfection for lovers of vintage PAF. It is both warm for the neck pickup and nervous for the bridge pickup, while still being very musical and balanced. It is considered by some to be one of the best microphone sets in the world.
The alnico 3 on the neck pickup brings both smoothness and great musicality to the clean sound and is as gritty as you want when you heat up the amp tubes. The bridge pickup is equipped with an Alnico 2 magnet which brings a little more bite with a higher output level while controlling the highs so that they never take over. This PAF 59 is at ease in absolutely all registers of Vintage, from Jazz to Classic Rock and Hard Rock including Soul, Rhythm’n Blues, Blues of course! And ride it on an ES-335 or a Sheraton and you’ll do some crazy blues / funk a la Freddy King. Going Down, Down, Down!
- Neck, bridge or 2 handwound pickups set
- Rough cast Alnico 3 magnet in the neck
- Rough cast Alnico 2 magnet in the bridge
- 42 AWG Plain Enamel The “Plain Enamel” is the coating of the copper wire used by Gibson from the 40’s to the 60’s. Became rare, because only used for the reproduction of vintage pickups, it is extremely expensive. or PolyesterAs for the “Polyester” coated wire, it is a standard wire used throughout the electronics industry (transformer, electric motor, etc.). The impact of the coating on the sound is marginal, or even nonexistent.
- Butyrate plastic coil for 49.2mm spacing (Vintage Gibson) or ABS for 50mm – 52mm spacing, modern version
- Nickel/Silver Baseplate (long legs for 49.2 bobbins, short legs for 50/52 bobbins
- Resistance: Neck ~7.4 kohms | Bridge ~7.9 kohms (+-1.5%)
- Set NOT wax-potted (butyrate does not support it, other configuration on demand)
- Set NOT wax-potted for the butyrate coil version and wax-potted for the ABS coil version
- Spacing of screws and slugs from E to E : 49.2mm (butyrate) or 50mm and 52mm (ABS)
- Supplied with 2 mounting screws and 2 springs per pickups
- 35/38cm wire length per pickups
- Available bobbins color: black, cream, zebra and reverse zebra
- Raw Nickel/Silver, Nickel plated, Cosmo Black or Gold plated in option
- Handmade with high quality parts